1.1 ABOUT US
We, the British Association of Singapore (“we”, “us” or “BAoS”) are an association that promotes and represents the interests of members by providing social & recreational activities in various locations throughout Singapore, raises and distribute funds to a variety of Singapore charities.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.4 HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be sent to email@example.com
For information about how to obtain a copy of your personal information or how to update your personal information, please see section 2.8 below (access to your information and ensuring it is up-to-date).
2. YOUR INFORMATION
2.1 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
2.1.1 We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide during the application process for BAoS and copies of any documents you provide to us;
- Information that you post our website or share with other users via BAoS;
- Any feedback you provide through BAoS;
- If you are a speaker or an attendee at any of our events, we may collect information about your participation at our events (e.g. number of events spoken at/attended, type of events you speak at/attend);
- Any correspondence between you and us;
- Any other information you provide to us from time to time
- Details of your visits to our website (including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access)
2.2 HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide our services, including inviting you to and organising events, providing news and updates and reports about events, sending you our magazine or any printed publications, providing general news and information about social and charitable events that we think will interest you;
- to deal with your requests and enquiries, and to provide you with information about our services, activities or content;
- to process the application and maintenance of your membership;
- to personalise the way in which our website and services are presented to you, including to ensure that content of our website and services are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to analyse your use of our services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to investigate any breach of our Terms and Conditions by or relating to you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website; and
- to notify you about changes at BAoS.
2.3 WHEN WILL WE CONTACT YOU? AND WHAT IF YOU WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
From 2 July 2014, for new members we will only contact you if we have your consent to do so. We will normally obtain your consent when you become a member.
For existing and new members or contacts of BAoS, when we contact you, we will provide you with an unsubscribe facility, in case you decide that you do not want to be contacted again. You should follow the instructions which are included when we contact you, if you wish to unsubscribe from future messages.
2.4 WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We share your information selected third parties of BAoS to facilitate communication
Any information you upload to our digital media and our website may be visible to our elected council members and other users of our website.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- where partners help us in the administration or operation of our organisation (e.g. our hosting/back-up service providers, our IT service providers; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or in complying with our obligations under our terms and conditions or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of other users or third parties.
- In connection with the events we organise, we may also share your information with event venues and caterers, including your identity details (e.g. passport/NRIC/FIN details) for security requirements and dietary requirements.
2.5 THIRD PARTY SERVICES
2.6 HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The security of your information is important to us. We maintain appropriate and reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information provided to us via the Internet, and any transmission is at your own risk.
2.7 FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION RETAINED?
2.8 ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND ENSURING IT IS UP-TO-DATE
If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us at email@example.com
3. FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
3.1 CONSENT TO FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Please note that any activity or event organised by the BAoS may be subject to photography, audio and video recording.
By attending an activity or event organised by the BAoS, you consent to your photography, audio recording, video recording and its release, publication (in print or other format), exhibition or reproduction to be used for the BAoS's promotional material, broadcasting, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media or any other purpose by the BAoS, its agents and representatives. Images, photos or videos may be used to promote similar BAoS events in the future, including through our third-party partners and sponsors.
By attending the event or activity, you (i) release the BAoS, its officers and any and all persons involved from any liability in connection with the taking, recording, digitising, publication and use of photographs, computer images, video or sound recordings; (ii) waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web casting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication and irrespective of whether a fee for admission is charged; (iii) waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video or audio recording taken by the BAoS, its officers or any person or entity designated to do so by the BAoS.
4. ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
By signing up and attending any of the BAoS activities and/or events you automatically agree to our terms and conditions.
You accept and are aware that there are inherent risks associated with physical activity and participation in activities/events. In consideration of being allowed to participate in and access the activities/events, you hereby:
(1) assume full responsibility for any and all injuries or damage which may be sustained by you as a result of your participation in the activities and/or events;
(2) waive, release and forever discharge the BAoS, its officers, agents, employees, volunteers, representatives and all others from any and all responsibility, claims, rights, causes of action and/or liability from injuries or damage to your person or property as a result of your participation in the activities and/or events; and
(3) represent that you have no medical or physical condition which would prevent you from attending any of the BAoS's activities and/or events, and/or put you at any physical or medical risk/danger, and have not been instructed by a physician not to do so. The BAoS hereby advises that individuals swith any chronic disabilities or conditions are a risk from participating in physical activities/events and are advised against doing so.